Re: [Fwd: major problem with gnome-games dependency]

[Daniel Burrows]
> you'd have to do something like "aptitude keep ~Rdepends:^gnome$".

Too arcane.  (:

I've occasionally wanted a simple command in aptitude for "remove the
auto flag from all the depends of this package" - not only for
metapackages but also for dummy upgrade packages.  Another way to look
at it is a combined command for "remove this package but arrange not to
remove anything it pulled in".

This seems a bit better to me than unconditionally keeping dependencies
of removed metapackages, as Bug #328441 suggests.