Re: Automatically sending test suite results from buildds to upstream

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 04:07:16AM +0200, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 01:35:06AM +0200, Florian Ragwitz wrote:
> > Therefor I'd like to automatically upload these results to
> > http://smoke.pugscode.org after the packages are built on the
> > buildds.
>
> Make your package building fail whenever a test in the testsuite
> fails? The FTBFS bugs and the buildd logs are sure to tell you what
> test went wrong.  Having a known-bad package built is a generally bad
> thing anyhow, so you won't really lose much on failing it :-)

Pugs is currenyly in a phase of quite early and rapid development. Not
everything is ought to at the moment anyway and it's not able to be used
in productive environments. I doubt it will ever be because it'll be
replaced by the real Perl6 interpreter as soon as it's available. I
don't think a single test fail makes a package totally unusable.

Regards,
Flo

--
BOFH excuse #373:
Suspicious pointer corrupted virtual machine