Re: localhost.localdomain

Gabor Gombas wrote:

Then fix those other broken things as well.
Contrary to popular belief among our users, system administrators does not have access to every server on the internet. Therefore, I can not help you solve this issue in this way.

Instead, I propose we return the content of the Debian /etc/hosts file to the way it was before the change.

If you want localhost-style authentication, you _should_ do the comparison on the IP address rather than the resolved name for several reasons:
[snip good reasons]

I don't trust client address/name resolving for any authentication of clients. I resent the implication that I do.

--
Stig Sandbeck Mathisen