Re: localhost.localdomain

Gabor Gombas <gombasg@sztaki.hu> writes:

> Ok, after a quick googling I found that this bug has already been
> reported for MySQL: http://bugs.mysql.com/11822 and is fixed in
> MySQL 5.0.11. So if it bothers you, you should upgrade.

Changing the canonical name of localhost is an arbitrary change that
breaks more than MySQL. It also violates the principle of least
astonishment.

  "We've changed something, we're not sure why, but it breaks MySQL.
  If it bothers you, you should upgrade MySQL"

Nah, I don't think that is what we want to tell our users.

--
Stig Sandbeck Mathisen