Re: Accepted aptitude 0.3.4-1 (source all i386)

Scripsit "Bernhard R. Link" <brlink@debian.org>
> * Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> [051002 05:57]:

>> >      - The password database is used instead of $HOME to
>> >      determine where aptitude's configuration file goes, so
>> >      people using sudo don't end up with root-owned mode 0700
>> >      files in their home directory.  (Closes: #272429, #274216,
>> >      #285334, #272409)

>> Also note that I got just as many bugs reports after I made debconf
>> do this as I was able to close by doing it. :-/

> This is not really a larger problem, but just a problem in sudo.

I'm not even sure it is the right problem. On a machine where several
people share the administration workload, each may well have his own
preferences with respect to aptitude's UI. Storing the configuration
in $HOME rather than using getpwuid allows that nicely.

Yes, it is ugly to have a root-owned 700 directory in $HOME.
Perhaps a better fix would be to just chown $HOME/.aptitude and
$HOME/.aptitude/config to the owner of $HOME when they are created
(resp. written to).

--
Henning Makholm                        "Nej, hvor er vi altså heldige! Længe
                                      leve vor Buxgører Sansibar Bastelvel!"