Re: bogus lintian warning

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> writes:

> On Sun, 02 Oct 2005, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
>> Easily caught: check to make sure the CVS files are not in the
>> .orig.tz before complaining.
>
> You keep assuming the bogus stuff ends up in the diff. It once happened to
> me that it ended up on the .orig.tar.gz, but I don't recall exactly what
> kind of fuckup I did (but it was a reaaaaaly weird one).

Presumably you didn't keep the unmodified source as the .orig.tar.gz.

I don't know how or why, since the correct way to generate the
.orig.tar.gz file is to use the CP or MV commands (or the equivalent),
which do not change tar archives in the process.

It is a bad thing to generate warnings which must be ignored 99.9% of
the time.