Re: planet.debian.org vs. blog illiteracy

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 14:05:53 +0300, Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.iki.fi>
wrote:
>I don't think there is a working way of reliably doing that. In theory,
>most web logs can do "categories", but those are not being used
>consistently, and they're also not really visible on planet.debian.org
>in a way that lets them be processed automatically.

It is already possible to have Debian Planet poll only one selected
category from a blog. I use this to have only articles with category
"Debian-English" appear on Debian Planet, not only because I usually
blog in German.

I gather that it should be possible to have articles from multiple
categories appear on the Planet either by appropriately arranging the
categories in a hierarchy or by multiple entries in the Planet
configuration (one per category).

otoh, it is nice (for me) to see the non-Debian-related opinions of my
fellow developers on the Planet, so I feel that the Planet would lose
some of its appeal when it only has Debian-related articles. So some
categorization on the Planet itself would be a good idea, really.

Greetings
Marc