Re: gdk-imlib1 may yet live (was Re: Removing GNOME 1 (was Re: orbit2cpp

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> writes:

> Steve Langasek wrote (in reference to gdk-imlib1):
>>No, there isn't.  It should only need to be rebuilt against the newer
>>libpng.
> Ah, excellent news.  Why wasn't this done *before* removing libpng10?
> Because the imlib package maintainer is dropping them and nobody else
> understood the state of the imlib packages?  (I certainly find it very
> confusing.)
>
> In any case that should be done soon.  Someone who cares needs to make some
> sort of upload for the imlib packages.

I was under the mistaken impression that imlib was maintained, and
imlib+png2 was in RFA status.  But it turns I was wrong; both are
RFA.  So I will adopt imlib, have it build gdk_imlib too, upload, and
maybe all this can be straightened out.

Thomas