Re: mass bug filing on packages that are blocking use of cdebconf

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
>> Of course I read debian-devel.  But I fix bugs once they are
>> reported.  I use the BTS to track needed work in this way.
>
> This is of course suprerior to running vi debian/control because
> beauracracy is fun.

No, it's because this is how I organize my work.  I cannot do
everything immediately; sometimes there are blocking bugs which impede
doing the work right away, and sometimes there are other problems that
arise in my life.

I do not regard bug reports as an imposition, I regard them as a great
help.  I do not require pre-bug bug reports, where people report bugs
before they report bugs, and then only report the bug if the
already-reported bug isn't fixed without the report.

Much simpler to adopt the strategy that when you see a bug, and you
want it fixed, report it.  That's the way to get it on my radar.
That's the documented normal way.  It's not bureaucracy, it's simple
record keeping.

Thomas