Re: planet.debian.org vs. blog illiteracy

ma, 2005-09-26 kello 09:13 -0300, Ben Armstrong kirjoitti:
> On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 14:05 +0300, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> > I don't think there is a working way of reliably doing that. In theory,
> > most web logs can do "categories", but those are not being used
> > consistently, and they're also not really visible on planet.debian.org
> > in a way that lets them be processed automatically.
>
> It seems to me that the social part of the solution is to have bloggers
> voluntarily use some standard category/categories to ease aggregating
> them into a single feed covering debian development issues from all of
> the various blogs.  That leaves only the small (I hope) technical
> problem of making the categories visible on planet.d.o.

"Debian development issues" is a rather broad category. Should a travel
report from Debconf be included? I think it should, yet it is not at all
technical. Having a single "Debian development issues" feed is not going
to work particularly well, I think.

I think it's a much better and easier solution to use the structure we
already have: the existing mailing lists. Copy-pasting a web log entry
to an e-mail shouldn't be too much of a bother, I rather think.

(No need to copy me on list replies, I read -devel. Don't tell me about
Mail-Followups-To, it is non-standard and unnecessary, a "list reply"
command works perfectly fine without it.)