Re: /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/ --- Why ­­/etc ?

Le samedi 24 septembre 2005 à 17:36 +0300, Lars Wirzenius a écrit :
> I don't have any particular understanding of gconf uses the defaults
> file, so please forgive me if this is a silly question: is /var the
> correct location for the defaults file? It should never change (unless
> the package is updated), right? Wouldn't
> /usr/share/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults be better?

This isn't a silly question :)

These defaults are autogenerated from the schema files in the packages'
postinsts. While the schemas were moved to /usr/share/gconf/schemas
(before sarge), it made more sense to move defaults to /var.
Furthermore, a single file can contain defaults for several packages, if
they use keys from the same directory in the GConf structure.