Re: architecture-specific release criteria - requalification needed

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 04:22:27PM +0200, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> That's not only "must have 50 users" but more a "must have 50 users that do
> stuff on those machines".
> See, that's the problem, when you don't define those rules exactly: what
> qualifies for a "user" - how often needs the user on the machine, how much
> time must he waste there, and so on and so on?

Come on -- seriously, if a port has a problem demonstrating 50 users in a
form that is acceptable to the release team, it has a problem anyhow. Heck,
almost every port I can think of (perhaps except s390) should be able to
easily gather 50 people on IRC from a machine running that architecture,
announcing “hey, I'm a user!” :-) I do not seriously think this will be a
blocked for any realistic architecture.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/