icu, vips transition to testing

Though grep-excuses shows them to be valid candidates, both icu and
vips appear to be not transitioning to testing because of making
packages uninstallable on alpha (according to
http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=icu and corresponding
for vips), but I don't see any evidence that they actually will make
packages uninstallable on alpha.  Am I missing something (including
possibly some announcement), or is something wrong?  It seems like,
disregarding m68k, icu, xerces25, xerces26, libxml-xerces-perl, vips,
and nip2 should all be able to transition.  Is this the case, or have
I overlooked something?  I don't see why these transitions should
happen on their own.  Thanks for any resolution or explanation.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <qjb@debian.org>