Re: Build-Depend'ing on libasound2-dev just for Linux

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 13:13 -0230, Lawrence Williams wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on a package that Build-Depends on libasound2-dev, but can be
> built on non-Linux OSs. Is there any way to shape the Build-Dep so that
> libasound2-dev is only used if we are building for a Linux system?

You may be interested on type-handling package. From its description:

	This package provides a script known as "type-handling", whose
	purpose is converting System and CPU combinations into the
	architecture variable names that dpkg can understand.

This is also used on several packages.

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net>   | http://www.damog.net/
                   <damog@debian.org>  |         GPG: C671257D