Build-Depend'ing on libasound2-dev just for Linux

Hello,

I am working on a package that Build-Depends on libasound2-dev, but can be
built on non-Linux OSs. Is there any way to shape the Build-Dep so that
libasound2-dev is only used if we are building for a Linux system?

I seen an example of a possible choice in xorg-x11 packages that Build-Dep on
linux-kernel-headers, but I wasn't sure if I should follow their example:

linux-kernel-headers (>= 2.6.13+0rc3-1.1)
[!hurd-i386 !netbsd-i386 !kfreebsd-i386]

In Debian, does this prevent it from building on anything other than Linux??

Lawrence