Re: wnpp situation

Hi,
* Andrew Pollock <apollock@debian.org> [2005-09-13 01:07]:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 12:47:33AM +0200, Nico Golde wrote:
> > Hi,
> > If you go through the list of wnpp bugs you will see alot of
> > open bugs which are very very old.
> > Especially the RFPs. What about closing an RFP bug
> > automatically after the third semi automatic notice mail
> > which is sent to the BTS entry?
>
> Or have a cron job that automatically closes them after a period of
> inactivity? With or without three automatic nags?

Yes that another possibility. I think the only way to handle
RFPs which makes sense is to give a period of time (a year
or so) and if the bug has not been retilted to ITP in this
time delete the RFP. In a year many things (licenses too :)
can change in software development so if someone is
interrested in a piece of software he can write a wnpp
again. If nothing changes in this period of time upstream is
inacive and the software shouldn't be packaged.
Regards Nico
--
Nico Golde - JAB: nion@jabber.ccc.de | GPG: 0x73647CFF
http://www.ngolde.de | http://www.muttng.org | http://grml.org