Re: email error message from d.o may be better

* A Mennucc [Thu, 08 Sep 2005 13:45:51 +0200]:

> hi

  Hi,

> I sent an email to debian-68k@debian.org instead of
> debian-68k@lists.debian.org ; the error message that I got
> was strange (in particular, the two lines
>   procmail: Error while writing to "DeadLog"
>   procmail: Error while writing to "/var/mail/debian"
> look as if there is a misconfiguration somewhere );
> moreover, it would be better if the error was akin to
> "no such user".

  The error is more like, "the mailbox where I would normally deliver
  mail to unknown debian-*@d.o addresses, namely, master:~debian/DeadLog,
  is 2GB now and I can't add anything more to it." If it would have been
  smaller, your mail would've been silently discarded.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

There is no man so good who, were he to submit all his thoughts to the
laws, would not deserve hanging ten times in his life
                -- Michel de Montaigne