Re: migrating wiki content from kwiki (w.d.net) to moinmoin (w.d.org)

On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 02:10:57PM +0200, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> But anyway, what's needed is someone who uses some perl (or whatever) magic
> on that tarball, to get moin-compatible data/pages files that can be
> unpacked in the wiki.debian.org installation by a DSA member. I wonder
> whether with moin moin, there needs to happen anything else too, for example
> (index files rebuild or something?). Unfortunately I'm familiar with kwiki
> nor moin moin.

I gave this a quick go, after finding the real location of the tarball. The
result is at wiki.wolffelaar.nl, and the simple formatting works reasonable.

The result can be found at wiki.wolffelaar.nl, the (dirty) source at
http://www.wolffelaar.nl/~jeroen/kwiki2moinmoin

> And someone needs to come up with a way to deal with conflicts, though the
> best way would be to simply prevent them from happening -- i.e., do not create
> pages that already exist on wiki.debian.net.

And, I noticed, selecting which pages to convert and which not to -- some are
pure spam.

Any help is appreciated -- improve formatting conversion, and finding bugs.
For bugreports and patches, please mail me privately or address me on IRC
(jvw). Once I'm reasonably content with the conversion, I'll prepare a tarball
for DSA to install on wiki.debian.org, and then the rest can be done by normal
wiki edits in cases where conversion went haywire.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl