Re: REMOVE ME FROM C4LL W4VE

On Sep 05, 2005 at 16:31, John Hasler praised the llamas by saying:
> Please do not follow up to these messages.  These idiots apparently Google
> the phrase and then spam all the addresses they find.  Posting about the
> subject here just creates more hits.

I believe it is far more useful to follow up to these emails providing
useful information how to remove themselves and in particular link to
the rather informative email from Josh Metzler[0] so that they might
find out how to do it themselves rather than emailing the list.

On a side note, I believe that if you are going to follow up, you should
at least be polite. Whilst we may get annoyed with the number of people
asking to be removed, they may not know the extent of the problem and
they will not understand why they get an abusive response. I don't
belive it does the image of Debian any good by sending such replies.

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/01/msg01444.html

--
David Pashley
david@davidpashley.com