Re: Do we still need libc5?

* Jeroen van Wolffelaar:

> Fact is though that libc6 has been in Debian stable for over 7
> years, since hamm was releaed mid-1998,

This suggests that we should give it three more years or something
like that.

However, if the packages aren't covered by security support anyway, it
probably doesn't make a difference to our users if we stop shipping
them.

> and I think Debian is like the only living Linux distribution out
> there still shipping libc5.

Are you sure?  I would be very surprised if the "enterprise"
distributions didn't ship it as well.