Re: Spam on the BTS (was: Spam on this list)

In article <[🔎] 75EC4D5486CAC247B84AAAA6F96AA5580590F78B@orsmsx402.amr.corp.intel.com> markx.a.allyn@intel.com writes:
>I have been noticing (and a bit irritated) at the spam I am seeing
>on this and some other email lists.

Others have commented on this, I have little to add to this part.

>I have also noticed tickets submitted to the bug facility that are
>spam. Can that facility be configured so that if the format (package
>name, version, etc) is not followed; the bug will not be emailed out
>to the lists?

I've been working on the spam filtering for the BTS.  We are getting
over 100,000 spams/day and about 50/day get through the filters.
(Both are rough estimates, and the spam volume is continuing to rise.)
There are limitations on what we can do with the resouces available.

Would it be acceptable to reject or drop more non-spam?  (We could
reject on CBL, getting rid of about half the spam and rejecting about
one non-spam per day.  CBL is easy to get off of.)

Would it be acceptable to delay questionable messages for a human to
review?  (Due to spam bursts, sometimes the BTS already takes 6 hours
or more to processes the message queue.)
--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html