Re: a place for a package directory in root

> > I will start maintaining the packages bootchart (#321784) and have a
> > question. Bootchart collects data while booting. It is started before
> > init, which means there is no place in the file tree to write to.

can't you hack the package to use RAM until the init process is
complete, when it can dump into /var? Doesn't bootlogd do something
like that?

`. `'`

Invalid/expired PGP (sub)keys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

"... doch warum sollte nicht jeder einzelne
 aus seinem leben ein kunstwerk machen koennen?"
                                                    -- michel foucault