Xvidcap, mplayer and rte (was Re: Fun with the NEW queue)

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 01:32:40AM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Hi
>
> As you may have noticed, the beloved target of many flamewars, the
> NEW queue [1] has been reduced to an average of less than 10
> packages. Packages are processed within days, sometimes even within
> hours.

Thank you for the work you've done helping fix this problem. In any
case I'm unsure as to why xvidcap - #289168 (or mplayer or rte - #112699
for that matter) have not been processed after several months in
the NEW queue.

Either:

- ftp-masters are not happy about having ffmpeg source code in Debian.
  This seems the most probable cause. But the funny thing is that
  avifile already _does_ include the same ffmpeg source code as
  xvidcap does (see 227408) (and the later does not even compile it,
  whileas avifile does) and there _is_ already a ffmpeg package in Debian
  (#199266). So ?

- the packages fail to comply some of the issues you point out in your
  mail.

Either case they should be REJECTED with a proper reasoning as to
why they have been rejected. If they cannot be packaged they should
be included to http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/unable-to-package

Regards

Javier