Re: Reopening bug closed due to SPAM

* Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña [Thu, 21 Jul 2005 00:31:48 +0200]:

> If spam e-mail is going to start closing our Bugs in the BTS then we
> should start thinking about implementing authentication checks in the
> BTS... like for example: do not allow control messages or -close
> messages with no attached (valid) GPG/PGP signatures (from a valid
> developer?)"

  I see much more feasible to require a pseudo-header: less cumbersome,
  higher probability of getting implemented, and more in accordance with
  the philosophy of our BTS.

  And such header is now needed to make a versioned closes, so it
  doesn't sound too disruptive to require it for every mail to -done (at
  least the Source: one, Source-Version could be optional).

  Cheers,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately
explained by stupidity.