Re: Usability: Technical details in package descriptions?

Hi,
* W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org> [2005-07-20 18:08]:
> what do you think about the usefulness of technical (and other
> strange) details in package description?  I think, those are
> annoying and should be avoided, but maybe I can learn, why they
> are useful.  Examples:
>
> "Foo is a Perl-based program that..."
>
> "libBar is written in C..."

[...]
I think one reason could be that some poeple would rather
install a programm in a language they know and they are able
to debug. Just a guess.

I don't think this would justify a bug report. Maybe
wishlist for a better control description but in general it
is only further information...

Regards Nico
--
Nico Golde - JAB: nion@jabber.ccc.de | GPG: 0x73647CFF