Re: aspell upgrade woes

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:

> On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 09:52 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> writes:
>>
>> > Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> writes:
> [snip]
>> So I would say just drop libaspell15c and reupload anything that was
>> already wrongfully uploaded again.
>
> What does that do to people who have already installed libaspell15c2,
> and are in the middle of the cut-over?
>
> [snip]

They get the libaspell back when they upgrade aspell-bin.

Same thing that happened that made them get libaspell15c2.

amd64:~% apt-cache rdepends libaspell15c2
W: Unable to locate package libaspell15c2

Nothing happens on amd64, alpha or ia64.

i386:~% apt-cache rdepends libaspell15c2
libaspell15c2
Reverse Depends:
  aspell-pl
  logjam
  libtext-aspell-perl
  libpspell-dev
  libgtkspell0
  libenchant1c2
  libaspell-dev
  gedit
  gaim
  balsa
  aspell
  aspell

All those would need a quick reupload.

The reason I'm against introducing a dummy package is that it will
cause those packages listed above to depend on different packages
(libaspell15 vs libaspell15c2) depending on the architecture. Without
dummy package they are forced to make a new upload at the proper time.

MfG
        Goswin