Re: Yet another g++ transition page

Hi Mike,

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 01:24:33PM -0400, Mike Furr wrote:

> After starting writing a program to help me track my packages
> dependencies for the g++ transition, I decided to put up the results for
> the entire archive in case it was useful for others.

>         http://people.debian.org/~mfurr/gxx/

> The main difference between my page and several of the others is that it
>  uses information from Packages files for every architecture to decide
> if it is ready to be nmu'd.  Therefore, it shows when a package has been
> uploaded, but not built on all architectures.  Also, individual
> dependency graphs are available for each package affected by the
> transition (that my program could detect).

> Of course, the results are based on Packages files, which means a lot
> could have happened from the time it was last updated and when you're
> viewing it.  So be sure to check with the packages/buildds before doing
> anything.  It will be updated ~once/day.

Nice. :)  Wishlist request: could you have it tally the total number of
packages whose transition depends on each package in the list, and print
that number next to the source package name?  Better yet, could the list be
sorted by this number? :)  That would certainly be helpful in identifying
which packages should be given the highest priority.

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer