Re: Who needs libcurl3?

* Torsten Landschoff (torsten@debian.org) wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 09:06:20AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
>
> > No, that was *worse*.  We tried that before.  The answer really is
> > reasonably simple- just modify libldap2 to use GNUTLS.  That was done w/
> > an older version of things involved.  I expect it'll be done for the
> > newer stuff.
>
> Working on that. At least theoretically - when I get time, yada, yada.

Steve Langasek had offered to help with this too.  I'll poke him about
it on IRC and see if he's still willing to help.

> > Bleh.  Let's just move off of OpenSSL where we can.  This is a case
> > where we can, and people have worked on it already, let's finish that
> > off and this time get upstream to accept it (they're annoyingly anal
> > about such things) and be done with it.
>
> I am not holding my breath...

Well, if we can get a good patch written up and have it licensed under
the OpenLDAP license and sent to them from the 'author', supposedly it'd
get accepted.  I guess we'll see.

	Stephen