Re: Who needs libcurl3? (was libcurl3-dev: A development package linked again gnutls needed)

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 the mental interface of
sean finney told:

> On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 08:21:00PM +0200, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> > I don't see a gpl'd alternative to curl for internet streaming. I am
> > thinking about to build moc --without-curl then :(
>
> or you could always contact the author and inform them of their
> self-inflicted license violation.  in my experience, many authors
> don't realize the licensing problem and are more than willing to
> relicense/dual license/add exceptions for stuff like openssl.
>
> > What about the fbi-package, raptor-utils-package and others who are using
> > libcurl3 as well?
>
> if they are strict gpl and use libcurl, you should report bugs against them.

Damian can't. I asked him.

Why not building curl --without-sssl and --with-gnutls=/usr? Maybe a
NMU?

Elimar

--
  "Talking much about oneself can also