Re: Who needs libcurl3? (was libcurl3-dev: A development package linked again gnutls needed)

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 08:21:00PM +0200, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> I don't see a gpl'd alternative to curl for internet streaming. I am
> thinking about to build moc --without-curl then :(

or you could always contact the author and inform them of their
self-inflicted license violation.  in my experience, many authors
don't realize the licensing problem and are more than willing to
relicense/dual license/add exceptions for stuff like openssl.

> What about the fbi-package, raptor-utils-package and others who are using
> libcurl3 as well?

if they are strict gpl and use libcurl, you should report bugs against them.

	sean