Re: congratulations to the X team!!

David Nusinow <david_nusinow@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 10:59:21AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
[...]
>> Why do people think that xorg broke library dependencies for our
>> entertainment, and that patching over the dependencies is an ok solution?
>> The package name changed because it is *not* *compatible*.  No one said the
>> C++ transition was supposed to be fun, did they?

> I'm mainly depressed that people aren't reading Planet Debian, or are just
> ignoring it. Is there a better place to post this sort of thing so that
> users don't keep repeating the same non-bug? The BTS obviously isn't
> working for us here either, nor is posting to debian-x.
>
> I think I'll have to put something in X.Org's NEWS.Debian about it at the
> very least, but if anyone has any ideas for this, I'm all ears. I refuse to
> resort to a debconf warning for this, but I'm running out of ideas.

Hello,
I think you'll just need to accept that out of n users at least n/50
will not read wherever you put it and a (small) percentage of these will
pester you about it.

There is nothing to do about this except for writing a canned response
_once_ and resending it when necessary.
        cu and-  thanks, BTW -reas