Re: congratulations to the X team!!

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 08:07:55PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Steve Langasek:
>
> > Why do people think that xorg broke library dependencies for our
> > entertainment, and that patching over the dependencies is an ok
> > solution?
>
> Because there was no recent announcement on debian-devel-announce
> which provided some guidance for this transition?
>
> The packaging itself appears to be really nice, but this kind of
> information seems to be a bit too hard to find at the moment.

Not a single developer has mailed either myself personally or debian-x to
ask how to go about this. Given that the C++ transition was already laid
out in full in debian-devel-announce, I assume that developers know what's
going on. It's the users who are clueless this time. That said, if any
developer does have any questions about the X.Org C++ transition I'd be
happy to answer them.

 - David Nusinow