Re: #311724

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

On 10350 March 1977, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

You may want to follow bug #311724, which is about exactly this issue.
Understood, but out of my hands; it appears to be a CDBS issue.

Yep, including this feature is a cdbs mistake. Using it is a maintainer mistake.

I would like to know the Policy section which forbids either.

The last version of the default static debian/control I shipped was
correct; however, it doesn't change anything:  my sponsor has to build
this package, at which point CDBS will overwrite this again.

Doing an NMU on CDBS to fix #311724 might be a more constructive approach
than asking everyone who uses CDBS with debian/control.in to go and fix
their package's static debian/control for absolutely no gain, given how it
will be overwrriten at the next build run.

NO. Just remove the auto-update var in your debian/rules, fix the
control file and build the package.
DO NOT, EVER, change the Build-Depends in an automated way. NEVER.

That's your opinion.  It damn well better be backed by a Policy item.

--
Martin-Eric Racine
http://q-funk.iki.fi