congratulations to the X team!!

I just updated to X.org. With apt. Automatically. Woohoo!! I mean full on xserver-xorg too. I did not touch ANYTHING.

X team you rock. This is why I started using Debian 7 years ago. This is what keeps me here.

One and only one snag. purging the xfree86-common package failed because it was trying to run update-rc.d remove while the config still existed.

Beers to those I meet in person. (Or something else more to your liking, and at a similar cost (-: