Re: "How to recognise different ETCH wishlists from quite a long way away" (revised)

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 08:06:29PM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> Nevertheless, we're indeed currently working on such a framework as
> you mention. On our list of tests to run are currently install tests
> (with liw's piuparts), rebuild tests (with pbuilder I think) and
> lintian (perhaps linda, too?). Adding new tests should be not a
> great problem once we have the infrastructure up.

Sweet!

Let me know if you could use help with this. I did a small POC patch
against the scripts to see whether the switch to lintian.d directory
would be feasible, but then didn't finish it for submission.

I have a small script ready that checks packages for setuid/setgid
files. There are some other things that would IMHO be interesting to
check from a security perspective - we can probably get some good
information from this once the infrastructure in in place.

cheers,
Max