Re: "How to recognise different ETCH wishlists from quite a long way away" (revised)

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 06:58:15PM +0200, Max Vozeler wrote:
> A first step could be to make the lintian.d.o scripts run on a lintian.d
> style directory of scripts, if that sounds reasonable to the people who
> run that service (Josip Rodin?). That would make it pretty easy to build
> lists of privileged files, plug in source code scanners, greps for /tmp/
> and everything else we can come up with.

lintian.d.o is currently maintained by jeroen and me (kind of, it's
currently somewhat broken and I'm not yet able to find out exactly why,
but that's another story). But that code is really lintian specific.

Nevertheless, we're indeed currently working on such a framework as
you mention. On our list of tests to run are currently install tests
(with liw's piuparts), rebuild tests (with pbuilder I think) and
lintian (perhaps linda, too?). Adding new tests should be not a
great problem once we have the infrastructure up.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/