Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 09:58:31PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * Paul TBBle Hampson

> | The charset of your terminal is orthogonal to the charset you're
> | talking on the IRC network with to my mind, since even the built-in
> | recode support lets you set a default charset for IRC traffic.

> No, it's not, since at least one of the most popular IRC clients
> (irssi) doesn't have recode support (yet).

Which version are you running? There's recode.pl and charsetwars.pl
in irssi-scripts in Woody, and if you grab a CVS build, there's
recode support built in too. (Actually, I don't know that charsetwars.pl
was in Woody. I only discovered it recently. ^_^)

I've been using irssi from a UTF-8 terminal on SJIS channels on my
Woody web server since September 2003, at least. The enormous time
between irssi releases means I've had to run a CVS version on my
unstable local box for about twelve months, to fix interesting
DCC and frontend bugs.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.