Re: Greylisting for @debian.org email, please

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:
> What's painful about it?
>
> It stops a lot of viruses and spam, with no false positives. What's the
> problem?

"No false positives" seems a bit optimistic.

One problem I've encountered in the past is big mail providers (like
yahoo) who will send retries from _different_ servers, which sometimes
don't even have a DNS entry (maybge it's just DNS propagation delay, I
don't know).

How do greylisting services determine that a message is being resent
(and so should be accepted this time)?  If it's by hostname or host
address, this would sometimes fail with systems like the above.

-Miles
--
I'm beginning to think that life is just one long Yoko Ono album; no rhyme
or reason, just a lot of incoherent shrieks and then it's over.  --Ian Wolff