Re: Upcoming removal of orphaned packages

Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> writes:

> * Simon Richter <Simon.Richter@hogyros.de> [2005-06-16 22:53]:
>> > if-transition -- A Change in the Weather, an interactive short story [#260720]
>> >   * Orphaned 327 days ago
>>
>> I cannot find this one on powerpc.
>
> It's in non-free.
>
>> > moria -- A roguelike game with an infinite dungeon [#274472]
>> >   * Orphaned 255 days ago
>> I think that would be a shame. As I don't play it myself, I might not be
>> the best choice for a maintainer, but I'd offer sponsoring. :-)
>
> It's non-free.  There were discussions about moving to GPL but this
> hasn't happened yet.  It can always be re-uploaded once it's GPL.

Perhaps you haven't seen:
<http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.roguelike.angband/browse_thread/thread/d667a1ca262882f7/a198687e1e992879?q=moria+debian+author&rnum=1#a198687e1e992879>

Most of the creditted authors have stated that they are happy for it to
be converted to GPL.

And moria hasn't had a bug in a long time.

cheers, Rich.

--
rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw@shadow.org.uk
www.shadow.org.uk/products/newhand.shtml