Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

Eric Dorland <eric@debian.org> writes:

> If we accept it, we've made a Debian-specific deal to distribute that
> software. Is that acceptable? I don't believe it is.

What I've heard from the Mozilla folks is that it isn't specific to Debian
in the sense that they like Debian in particular.  It's specific to Debian
just because we're competent and don't screw up the packaging and cause
them a bunch of problems.

Maybe we could ask them to rephrase the agreement in that form?  It would
then not be specific to Debian the organization, and instead specific to
how the source is treated, which then moves the whole thing unambiguously
into DFSG #4.