Re: TODO for etch ?

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

>>- <insert your items here>
>>

> - Improve hardware detection, make sure excluded kernel modules only
>   need to be listed one place.

OK. Something to improve uppon.

> - Replace default syslog-daemon to one capable to storing
>   severity/facility in the log file.

People can install their own syslog replacement. I don't see a reason
why we need to change something that works now for most people.

> - Change boot system, to one capable of handling dependencies and
>   parallell invocation, to speed up the boot process.

Err.. Why? The current "slow" bootup is caused mostly by hardware
detection from my experience. Speeding up hardware detection or remove
it in favour of manual /etc/modules entries would speed up the boot
process a lot more than changing the boot process. If it ain't broke, do
not fix it.

- Adam