Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 12:45 +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Using prelink invalidates the md5sums of files belonging to Debian packages.
> > Has anyone done any work to address this?
>
> The only way to address that is to update the md5sum after prelinking is
> done.

I might be talking out of my arse (99% probability ;-)) but I thought
I'd heard that it was possible to store the pre-linking information
separately to the binaries, under /var/cache or something for example.

Am/was I imagining things?

Ian.
--
Ian Campbell
Current Noise: Slayer - Jesus Saves

Randal can write one-liners again.  Everyone is happy, and peace spreads
over the whole Earth.
             -- Larry Wall in <199705101952.MAA00756@wall.org>