Re: Planning a libglade to libglade2 transition

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 01:42:46PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> libglade was orphaned 660 days ago and there's a libglade2 package in
> the archive.  However, there are still 52 packages which depend or
> build-depend on the old libglade.  Can someone please plan and
> coordinate a transition to libglade2 so libglade can eventually be
> removed?

Many of these are GNOME1.x-specific libraries, in turn used by GNOME1.x
applications that as yet have no GNOME2 equivalent.  (At the top of my
personal list there is gnucash...)

I'd love it if we could lose GTK1 for etch, but that's going to require some
upstream help.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer