Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

Humberto Massa Guimarães wrote:
But is non-rebranded Firefox *really* distributable by us under
GPL#6, "no further restrictions"? It seems to me that if our users
can't customize and compile and distribute Firefox under the terms
of the GPL, we are passing along another restriction over those in
the GPL.

Obviously, I'm assuming that we are redistributing Firefox under the
terms of the GPL because IIRC the MPL is not DFSG-free.

/usr/share/doc/mozilla-firefox/copyright would seem to indicate Debian distributes Firefox under the MPL.

--
Sam Morris
http://robots.org.uk/

PGP key id 5EA01078
3412 EA18 1277 354B 991B  C869 B219 7FDB 5EA0 1078