Re: splitting package on arch-dependant and arch-independant parts

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 09:39:09PM +0600, Sergey Fedoseev wrote:
> > There's only one rule. Architecture dependent files go to binary package,
> > and architecture independent to data package.
>
> I consider some common procedures should exist anyway. For example ones
> move manpage to binary package and others move it to data package. Who
> is right?

Who moved binary (_architecture_ dependent binary) to -data package?
Basically you don't have to split package if there are no architecture
dependent data in it (or such data is very small).

Maybe you should tell us what program are you going to package.

regards
fEnIo

--
  ,''`.  Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@debian.org | pgp:0x13fefc40 | irc:fEnIo
 : :' :       32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Poland