Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

* Marco ::

> On Jun 14, Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > We drop their products from Debian, they lose market share. We
> > drop
> Really? Do you actually believe that debian users would switch to
> Konqueror just because we stopped distributing Firefox in Debian?

Agreed.

> > Their trademark policy is something that should not exist in a
> > free software context.
> Why not? Trademarks are not software, and the mozilla trademark
> policy is not depriving anybody of freedoms about their code.

I don't think I agree with that; it *does* restrict the creation of
derivative works in a way that would be most reasonable. (It would
be unreasonable to expect that you could patch Firefox to present
itself as "Microsoft (R) Internet Explorer (tm)", as opposed to
"Mozilla (R) Firefox (tm)")

--
HTH, Always,
Massa