Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Humberto Massa Guimarães <humberto.massa@almg.gov.br> wrote:
>

>>No. This is not what free software is about ("only modifiying the
>>package in ways similar to Debian"). We should do the hard work
>>(strip the trademarks) so the community can benefit from our
>>already-stripped mozillas and do whatever it wants with them. This
>>seems to be more like the Debian Way to me.
>

> I agree that doing the work to make the trademarks removable serves our
> users, but how does *us* removing the trademarks benefit freedom or our
> users? They end up with exactly the same rights whether we remove them
> or not.

I agree. The only difference would be that it would not be as tempting or easy
for downstream users to infringe MF trademarks by accident. Anyway, should
debian care for that?

--
 GPG messages preferred.   |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
 Alexander Sack            | : :' :      The  universal