Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

* Eric Dorland:

> 1. Completely ignore their Trademark Policy document and let MoFo come
> to us if they're not happy with our use of the marks.

This is the policy we have adopted with PHP, Apache and
similarly-licensed software.  It's basically the only choice when we
want to continue to distribute software such as phpGroupWare or
Apache::Request.

In the Firefox case, the trademark situation is extremely murky
because in many countries, the Mozilla Foundation doesn't even own
that trademark WRT to computer programs (examples: Germany, United
Kingdom).  Looks like someone didn't do his or her homework before
choosing the name. 8-(