Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

On Sunday 12 June 2005 00:24, Russell Coker wrote:
> New laptops tend to ship without floppy drives and desktop machines
> will surely follow soon.  Plans for future hardware support should not
> involve floppy disks.

Please, we do not only support new hardware.
I have a very nice Pentium I (my internet gateway) that has a broken
CD-drive and no USB (and certainly wouldn't boot from USB even if it had)
but that installs perfectly from floppy.
There are also other platforms that only do floppy boots (older macs,
probably m68k too).

IMO we should try very hard to keep floppy installation supported.