Re: Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 CD/DVD images updated (r0a)

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 10:57:47PM +1000, Drew Parsons wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 12:05 +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > This is an update to the CD and DVD images of Debian 3.1r0.
>
> Colin,
>
> is there any good reason why this announcement was not made to
> debian-announce@lists.debian.org ?

I agree with you, and I asked (I can't post to -announce myself), but
Joey Schulze did not think that it was appropriate, saying that it only
affects people who fetched the images on day one, and that those people
either know what they're doing and follow what Debian is doing quite
closely, or don't care and won't apply security updates anyway.

I disagree with this classification of users, but it was more important
to get an announcement out *somewhere* than to argue about it for ages,
so I did so. Joey suggested that the security team might add a note
about the issue to the first few DSAs covering sarge.

Cheers,